…from one of my highest ranked fashion icons – ANNA DELLO RUSSO …by the way I just learned that she has her very own blog! http://www.annadellorusso.com/ which left me very excited and wanting to share this with you:
Here her rules during fashion week…very funny and can be applied for several other events well!…
” During the fashion week I havemy rules to follow and I’m goingto tell my top ten list for the FRONT-ROW “ 1) YOU MUST WEAR OUTFIT ONCE.
2) WEAR GOOD SHOES. DON’TBOTHER WITH A BAG CAUSE WHENYOU PUT IT ON THE FLOOR IT COULDBE ANYONE.
3) WEAR COAT AS A DRESS.ONE-SHOT IS BETTER.
4) DON’T WEAR SUNGLASSES,IF YOU NOT ARE VIP (VERY VERYIMPORTANT PERSON).
IT’S IMPOLITE. 5) SOMEBODY WEARINGYOUR SAME OUTFIT?
WONDERFUL, YOU DID THERIGHT CHOISE!
6) FLASHY JEWELS PERSONALIZEYOUR STYLE.
7) NOTHING SUCCEEDS LIKE EXCESS!
8) DON’T PEEK INTO THE CLIPBOARDOF WHO IS SITTING NEXT.
9) DON’T SAY HELLO SHOWILY ANDWARMLY AT WHO IS IN FRONT OF YOU.
10) SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR THE SHOWON TWITTER AS MUCH YOU CAN.
But here my favorite top ten list yet!… I love how through her writing you can “see”/”hear” that she is italian… soo fashion! Then i think I should have/could have kept my accent…;-)
1) If there is harmony between ITSELFand his own BODY, a STYLE will born.
2) When you don’t feel to dressmeans that you are depressed.You need a FASHION SHOWER.
3) If you like to be relaxed, you willnever get the LOOK.Fashion is always UNCOMFORTABLE!
4) NO matter the size of your body!FASHION to flatter every figure(VOGUE US April 2010)
5) Wear just NIGHT-CLOTHESin daytime.
It is UNEXPECTED!
6) Color me! ACCESSORIZE me!shock me!
7) FASHION is such stuff asDREAMS are made on…
8) Fashion is a MUSE,you must seduce her.
9) Shall we dance? take your MUSEto dance, fashion loves music.
10) So between FASHION and STYLE?
Absolutely FASHION… is lesspretentious, is authentic.FASHION is declaration of own freedom.
And here a few of my (many) fashion inspirations.. these girls are all soo young and gorgeous with a great/individual sense of style! I love how they push the boundaries and have become the new must have ambassadors of fashion!
The iconic store in Florence -Luisa Via Roma was celebrating their ten year anniversary and has flown in the top bloggers around the world for the occasion! …would looove to be able to do that! …Will SA fashion world ever be ready for that? or will they be just as blase as they are around other celebs?? ;-))
Anyway, here they are…the young stars..
Denni of ChicMuse wearing a look she styled from Luisa Via Roma…I love her…not only is she a gorgeous girl..she oozes individuality and class…very much her own brand! Her blog reads like a fashion magazine and her pictures are always amazing!
Jane from Sea of Shoes
is also a constant source of inspiration and a little bit of envy -there aren’t many 18 year old girls, or 36 year women for that matter! with her kind of wardrobe!! But besides that I love her style and sense of theatrical…it reminds me that fashion is meant to be fun and a constant dress-up party!
Here she is at the Luisa Via Roma event with two other prolific bloggers…
and some photos of the event:
How mad are these shoes by D-squared??
Mad about this shoe from Giuseppe Zanotti!
Vintage crocodile bag
Love the Acne shoes !!
Elin of Style by Kling,.. and her days in Florence…
…almost feels like I was there too…
THE perfect grand-evening-out clutch…in fact, this is the ONLY clutch you’ll ever need (I’ve said this before and I will say it again…about others 😉 You can get this at VIVRE.COM
these cute cuffs by Naga are also to be found at VIVRE.COM …so many to choose from and all so “different”…like all these following pieces that I found on VIVRE.COM…I love the site for the occasional stunning one-off piece..
Yes this chair is also by VIVRE… I told you …they have fabulous one-off’s! Go check it out…
And here some street style inspirations to help you get dressed on what seems to be a cold morning in Cape Town!
Jane from Sea of Shoes is always an inspiration.. I love the vest by Anya
wouldn’t you love to have ALL of these in your cupboard?? I sure would!! …SA needs better shoes… I’ll get there..the next ADL store will be a shoe store…but for now we have some stunning Patrizia Pepe boots flying in!